Tuesday April 19, 2022
Tips for Buying a New Construction Home
Are you considering buying a newly constructed home? Moving to a newly built home means you are less likely to encounter issues with energy efficiency and worn-out parts. However, there are a few things to consider when buying a new construction home. Here are a few key things to consider:
- Understand Your Customization Options
Newly constructed homes offer customization options like:
- Built on spec- Here, the builder builds the house without a specific buyer in mind but includes popular features and finishes with the expectation that it will appeal to a buyer once the house is complete.
- Semi-custom- You can purchase an already built house with room for you to customize it your way.
- Full custom- You will have total control of the features, design, and layout of your new home during the construction process from start to finish.
- Research the Neighborhood
Don’t hesitate to check the neighborhood to know more about what to expect once you relocate. You can visit the area and talk to the residents about their experiences or drive around to check the region’s quality of homes and amenities.
- Acknowledge New Construction Timing
The overall time for constructing a home can vary depending on many factors, from vendor and supply delays to the amount of time it takes for permit approval and/or weather delays. Building a home can take approximately seven months to complete the construction, but it can take up to a year if there are unexpected delays.
It is essential to select a building option that accommodates your needs. You can go for a full custom home if you have the time. If not, a built-on spec or semi-customizable home may be excellent alternatives.
Be Part of the Landmark 24 Community Today!
Landmark 24 Homes is a production builder, we typically have a variety of quick move in spec homes available. If you choose to build from the ground up, we have pre-sale homes that allow you to choose your plan, homestead, and desired community that can be personalized with options to match your taste. Our homes are built with attention to detail and your comfort in mind. Visit our community pages to learn more about the current neighborhoods and available homes.