Tuesday December 15, 2020
There is no place like home. Owning your own property gives you personal space to customize any way you see fit. It gives you a sense of belonging and a safe place to raise your kids.
The History of Homeownership
Homeownership has changed a lot since America became an independent nation. Several generations ago, settles could acquire land for free from the government if they were willing to farm on it. The Federal government continued to encourage homeownership into the early 1900s and later stepped in to help homeowners who couldn't pay their mortgages at the height of the Great Depression.
Years later, government assistance made it possible for millions of servicemen to buy their own homes after World War II. Nearly two decades later, the Civil Rights era opened the door to homeownership for African Americans throughout the United States.
The early 2000s saw an exponential rise in homeownership that came crashing down with the 2008 economic downturn. However, by 2017, the real estate market had regained most of its lost ground. Nearly two out of three Americans now own their own home while almost three-quarters of renters aspire to join their ranks.
The Benefits of Owning Your Own Home
- Real estate tends to appreciate in value. Buying a home is a great investment you can cash in on when you retire. Alternatively, you can pass it on to future generations.
- You won't have to worry about rising rental costs. If you choose a fixed mortgage rate, you know exactly how much you'll have to pay every month.
- You'll have a stable place to raise a family. You won't have to worry about a landlord refusing to renew a lease or giving you notice. The place is yours until you decide to sell it.
- You can customize it any way you like. You can change the flooring, paint the outside, put in landscaping features, or maybe even add a room or two.
- There are tax benefits to homeownership that enable you to save hard-earned cash.
Are you ready to benefit from all that homeownership has to offer? If so, get in touch with us at your convenience. We offer ready-made homes in great neighborhoods at a great price; what's more, we work with you to get your paperwork in order so you can purchase the home of your dreams without undue delay.